How does it work?
The OLYMPOS Massage is a treatment method where our therapists and physios will apply direct hands-on on to your skin. This involves the use of different massage creams and oils so please make sure you let us know about any specific allergies you may have.
The OLYMPOS Massage also includes different techniques of gliding over tight muscles and applying pressure to specific tight areas. Sometimes during treatment you might experience some discomfort because some muscles can be tighter than others. However, our highly qualified and experienced therapists and physios will make sure you receive the best and most comfortable treatment.
These are the problems we provide treatment for:
- Stiff Neck
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Stiff Shoulder (Frozen Shoulder)
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Headaches and Migraines
- Elbow Pain (Tennis elbow; Golfer’s elbow)
- Hip Pain
- Leg Pain
- Tendonitis (Tendinopathy)
- Muscle tightness (stiffness)
- IT-Band Pain (and tightness)
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Sciatic Pain (Sciatica)
- Groin Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Runner’s Knee
- Ankle and Foot Injuries
DID YOU KNOW?
Two of the main causes of muscle and joint pain are your job and your sport…
What are the benefits of Olympos Massage?
- Prevents muscle and joint injury.
- Improves the way your blood circulates inside your muscles and joints.
- Helps you to lose body fat
- Makes your joints healthier
- Reduces pain
- Gives you more energy
- Relaxes your muscles and joints
- Makes you more flexible!
OLYMPOS Injury Consultation
How does it work?
The Consultation is made up of two components: the examination followed by the treatment.
We will listen to your problem and examine the area where the problem is without causing any more pain or discomfort. The examination involves different movements of your arm or leg followed by a gentle feeling of the area where the problem is.
The reason for this is to give you the answer on what the exact problem is.
After we find out what the exact problem is we will then suggest different treatment options to you. You will always be given as much time as you need before deciding what to do next.
Treatment options will include the following:
- Massage: Skin gliding techniques. You guide the depth of pressure.
- Pressure points: Tender points in the muscles that when pressed the pain decreases significanlty.
- Frictions: A more intense and successful method of relieving pain.
- Stretches: We can stretch you out! This is significantly better than when you stretch out yourself.
- Joint Manipulations: These are fast movements over different joints. They can click “things” back to place!
- Acupuncture: This involves the application of very thin needles through your skin. It helps your blood circulation and flow and has fantastic effects on pain and stiffness!
- Exercise Rehabilitation: This involves a one-to-one session in the gym in order to strengthen your weaknesses and prevent further injuries. It can also be part of your injury recovery or post operation. Just let us know!
- Posture Correction: This is made up of a series of special exercises that will help you develop a very good posture to be proud of!
At OLYMPOS we also specialise in treating all MUMS of all ages. And this is why:
During pregnancy your ligaments in your pelvis and your hips become more lax and lose than usual. This is because the shape of these areas have to change in order to accommodate the embryo. This is why your trunk tips forwards and your back starts to go under more pressure and stress. Once the baby is born and years down the line, your back will still be under pressure but this is something you are now used to and for you is “normal”. Your ligaments will not return to that original strength unless you do something about it. Therefore assessing your post-pregnancy posture is important to spot the weaknesses and get you back stronger. Otherwise the danger of picking-up various injuries is greater…