These are the problems/injuries we treat:
- Stiff Neck
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Stiff Shoulder (Frozen Shoulder)
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Elbow Pain (Tennis elbow; Golfer’s elbow)
- Hip Pain
- Hamstring injury
- Groin Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Back Pain
- Runners Knee
- Patellar Tendinopathy
- Ankle and Foot Injuries
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- And many more…
Consultation & Treatment
How does it work?
The Injury Consultation is made up of two components: the examination followed by the treatment.
We will listen to what you have to say, in as much detail as you like. Then, our physiotherapists will perform a specific examination to the problem, so as to find out what the actual problem is and how to fix it. The examination will not make your pain worse, since we take care of every detail including the amount of pain you are in.
Following our assessment, we will then suggest different treatment options to you. You will always be given as much time as you need before deciding what to do next. It is within your rights and your decision to accept or reject treatment or rehabilitation.
Treatment options may include the following:
- Massage: Skin gliding/pressure techniques. You will guide the depth of pressure.
- Pressure point therapy: The therapy of making tender muscle areas become less painful and more supple.
- Frictions: A more intense, but successful, method of relieving pain. Usually applied on ongoing tendon or muscle stiffness/pain.
- Stretches: We can stretch you out! This is significantly better than when you stretch out alone. This will be very dependant on the stage of your injury and your pain tolerance.
- Joint Manipulations: These are different graded passive movements over joints (vertebrae, knee, hip). The pressure applied during those movements will depend on your pain levels as well as what the problem is.
- Acupuncture: This involves the application of very thin and fine needles through your skin, in various depths depending on the location of the needle. Acupuncture promotes healing by reducing pain and by creating a link of heat channels, through the specific points used.
- Exercise Rehabilitation: This involved a series of exercises which will be tailored around you, your ability, your injury, and your lifestyle. We all know the benefits of exercise, not only on physical performance but also on disease prevention!
- Posture Correction: This is made up of a series of special exercises that will help you develop a very good posture to be proud of!
- Electrotherapy: This involves the use of ultrasound therapy. This method has been reported to have similar benefits to any other physiotherapy modality, depending on the dosage, frequency of use, and type of tissue used for.